Now In DVD!
A successful, sustainable lean initiative requires more than just mapping your value stream and making a few improvements. It requires a process to manage the entire lean transformation. This new video series will teach you an exciting eight-step method for creating and applying a systematic process for the implementation of lean manufacturing. You will actually be able to train lean teams in the process and begin using it immediately. Plus, you will see how leading American manufacturing facilities have accomplished their lean transformation.
This DVD series starts with an overview of value stream management and the basics of lean. Subsequent lessons will teach you how to map your current state; how to plan and map your future state in three stages demand, flow, and leveling; how to create action plans for implementation and follow-through; and how to develop a storyboard that communicates the entire process. Finally, a computer-generated "virtual factory" will show how the system comes together and how lean actually works.
You will see value stream management in action at The Wiremold Company, Mercedes Benz, Pella Windows, and Thetford Corporation. Employees at these companies will share their personal experiences in implementing lean. A unique feature of this video training package is a simulation case study of Premiere Manufacturing Company, which is a composite of actual company experiences. As you learn each step in Value Stream Management, you will solidify your learning by applying the principles and tools to Premiere Manufacturing's lean initiative. This will prepare you and your team to apply value stream management to your own manufacturing system.
- Actual footage of value stream management in action at four world class companies
- A simulation case study of Premiere Manufacturing Company, which is a composite of actual case studies. As you learn each step, you will apply that learning to Premiere's lean initiative.
- A computer-generated "virtual factory" will demonstrate how the system comes together and how lean actually works.
- A powerful visual tool called a storyboard that holds all of the key information for a lean implementation and communicates it to everyone in the organization.
- A facilitator's guide that includes information on how to use the package and an overview of each training module
- A glossary of lean terms
Eight steps to a lean company:
1. Commit to lean
2. Choose the value stream
3. Learn about lean
4. Map the current state
5. Determine lean metrics
6. Map the future state
7. Create kaizen plans
8. Implement kaizen plans
See value stream management at:
- The Wiremold Company
- Mercedes Benz
- Pella Windows
- Thetford Corporation
This video set contains:
- One convenient DVD (up to 105 minutes long)
- One facilitator guide
- One participant guide
- CD with blank forms and blank map for you to fill out
FREE Video Demo
Value Stream Management Video Series
click on your connection speed!This video requires Windows Media Player and a sound card
(28.8K, 56K dial-up) 14:19, 2.23 mb (ISDN, DSL, Cable, T1) 14:18, 24.5 mb
The best way to understand how Value Stream Management can enhance your lean transformation efforts is to view our free demo. Click the link above to view it online.