A combination of “how they did it” and “how they do it” regarding successful marriages, this comprehensive book shows how hundreds of couples have managed to build and maintain a fulfilling marriage over a period of fifteen years or more. How do these marriages last? What went right? The expert authors look at these happy unions and compare them with others which are equally long-lived but unhappy, and highlight the principles of a happy, long-term marriage. How couples can enjoy a happy and long marriage is fully demonstrated. This is a unique and affirmative book which will be of interest to a wide variety of professionals.
Table of Contents
- Three Couples: Happily Ever After?
- Is Marriage Obsolete?
- Enduring Is Not Enough
- ’Til Death Do Us Part: The Role of Commitment
- To Love and To Honor
- The Two Become One: Dilemma or Opportunity?
- Conflict: How to Engage in “Good Fighting”
- From Nowhere to Somewhere: Avoiding the Ruts
- What Is Most Important?