Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Pupils in Music covers the areas that all music teachers need to be aware of: recent government legislation, national initiatives and departmental policy. Individual titles then provide subject specific guidance, illustrated with case studies, on the following areas:
- support for more able pupils with learning difficulties (dyslexia, ADHD, sensory impairment)
- recognizing high ability or potential
- multiple intelligences/learning styles
- classroom provision
- planning differentiation, extension/enrichment
- teacher questioning skills
- recording and assessment
- beyond the classroom: visits, residentials, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, links with universities, businesses and other organizations.
For secondary teachers, subject heads of Departments, Gifted and Talented coordinators, SENCOs and LEA advisers.
'This publication offers significant, constructive support for teachers, and makes a major contribution to the debate about musical ability. It should be compulsory reading for all Heads of Music and those researching this important aspect of music teaching.' - British Journal of Music Education
Download the disc content