Meeting the Needs of Your Most Able Students in Art provides specific guidance on:
- Recognising high ability and multiple intelligences
- Planning, differentiation and extension/enrichment in Art
- Teacher questioning skills
- Support for more able pupils with learning difficulties
- Recording and assessment
- Beyond the classroom: visits, residentials, competitions, summer schools, masterclasses, links with other institutions.
The book features comprehensive appendices and an accompanying CD with:
- Useful contacts and resources
- Lesson plans
- Liaison sheets for Teaching Assistants
- Homework activities
- Monitoring sheets
For secondary teachers, subject heads of departments, Gifted and Talented co-ordinators, SENCos and LEA advisers.
Table of Contents
Forward; Introduction; The National Picture; Departmental Policy and Approach; Recognising High Ability or Potential; Classroom Provision; Supporting the Learning of More Able Pupils; Beyond the Classroom; Appendices; References.
'For anyone wanting to make a serious effort to provide for the needs of all students in art, this book is worth consideration.' - Gifted and Talented Update