This new edition of Chinese: An Essential Grammar is an up-to-date and concise reference guide to modern Chinese (Mandarin) grammar.
Refreshingly jargon free, it presents an accessible description of the language, focusing on the real patterns of use today. This Grammar aims to serve as a reference source for the learner and user of Chinese, irrespective of level, setting out the complexities of the language in short, readable sections.
- A new chapter on paragraph development
- Chinese characters, as well as the pinyin romanization, alongside all examples
- Literal and colloquial translations in English to illustrate language points
- detailed contents list and index for easy access to information
- A glossary of grammatical terms
It is ideal either for independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
"A much needed addition to the collection of books on Chinese grammar." - China Review International